Saturday, September 25, 2010

So glad it's the weekend. Only two full weeks and 2 days of work until I see that one awesome guy.

I realized that it's not just apathy that has caused the stalling in my job search, but the fact that I'm tired. I don't want to think. And I'm unhappy. And I don't want to apply anywhere with a taint of unhappy. So I need to work on that.

The vest arrived, alas it is too large. The hunt for the perfect gray vest is still in progress. I'd love to find one with pants to match.

Just watched "A Single Man." It was interesting. Very slow and rather depressing, but artistic and thought-provoking.

I was in adoptable dogs today. This means that I got to clean approximately 60 kennels this morning. Morning being from 7:30 until about 1 when I went to clean some kittens that were ringworm exposed and almost got eaten by a mean mamma cat. Then I went to lunch.

I liked the day because I kept busy. However, even with music blasting and dogs barking, I spent way too much time in my head. I can't tell you what I was thinking of, because it was everything. Future, past, friends, family. It was sort of overwhelming.

But The remainder of the day has been chill. I worked out. I watched the film. I'm taking it easy. It's okay.

Everything will be okay.

3 comments:

  1. You're right, it will be OK. :) I want you to know if you ever want to talk or work through anything I'm here for you. I feel like I've been going through a lot of the same overwhelming inner thought processing and constant unhappy feeling too...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it is wicked cheesy, but an old friend just sent this to me, and it made me smile. I don't know if you every enjoyed the Land before Time, but here it is:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt2weeM6ZDA&feature=related

    I'm not sure if wicked cheesy begins to describe it, but sometimes little kid movies are the best things in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, that's sort of awesome, thanks.

    ReplyDelete