Tuesday, November 23, 2010

33 weeks and a day

I went to the parents this weekend. It was uneventful as related to my transition. My mom is just crazy and having a hard time in general. She got mad at me for stupid things that weren't even the real reason for any anger. My dad is awesome though. We talked about how sure, they never planned for either my brother or me to turn out as we have, but he understands that we cannot ever live up to anyone's expectations. He commented on how happy and comfortable I seemed. I told him this year has been the best of my life. I'm so very happy and content. I have the greatest group of friends a person could ask for. Friends that I can discuss important things with and also share long silences with comfortably. I think he got it.

It was really nice to get out of the city for a bit. I loved the snow and the countryside. I loved visiting the horses that are being boarded on my parent's property. I did really miss Denver though. I love this city. And I love the people in it. I missed one especially.

I've been really sick for the past few days. A killer cough, sinus drainage and even my eyes have been getting gunked shut over night. It's gross. But I don't think I need the doctor just yet. Will give it a few more days before subjecting myself to that.

It's been over two months since my last affliction. I think it's safe to say that's gone forever.

1 comment: