Tuesday, April 28, 2015

four weeks

Yesterday marked four weeks post op. The swelling has largely gone down. Generally, my chest looks mostly flat in the morning, but swells a bit about half way through the day. I still tend to wear the binder during the work day because it's tender. I think because the skin is not used to being exposed in that way. Also, my nipple placement is not yet ideal, and is uneven. So we'll see how these intervening months will go with regards to binding. Luckily, I have no need to bind tightly, as I did before. I wear my oldest, loosest binder just to keep a little bit of compression and to negate any uncomfortableness. That binder is not tight under the arms or around my ribs, so it's really not comparable to binding prior to surgery.

My flex spending account funds finally came through. I was denied at first because they called it a cosmetic procedure. So I had to call my doctor and have her write me a letter of medical necessity. They immediately paid. I've been in the process of paying everyone back for contributing to my fund. Actually, many people are refusing to be repaid. This blows me away. I appreciate my friends so much. I now have about 2/3 of the funds for the next surgery, so it may not be as long a wait as I dreaded.


No comments:

Post a Comment