Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Well, it's been over two weeks since surgery. I've just gone back to work without restrictions which is fantastic, because I wasn't so keen on spending the whole week in the call center. I feel mostly healed up. A bit sore and tight, but basically back to normal. I might try running soon, just to see. The doctor seemed a bit perplexed about the remaining swelling, but said that since it wasn't fluid, I wouldn't need drains anymore. He assured me that it was flat when he was finished with the procedure, and that it would be again. I've been gently massaging everything and I think it might be helping. I also have still been in a compression vest. Actually, a binder, as it's more comfortable that the zip up surgical compression vest they supplied. It sucks to still have to wear that regularly though. Last night I put a washcloth in the abyss in my chest and I think it may have helped with the swelling a bit. I think the fact that the compression doesn't actually compress down between is part of the problem. So I'll just keep doing that and hope it helps.

I keep taking photos every now and then to compare. Someday, when it's all done and I feel confident, I'll likely post some of them for comparison to catalog the process. 

Honestly, I'm a bit discouraged with the visual results so far. I can wear a t-shirt and it looks mostly normal, but I still feel odd about it when I move certain ways. And without a shirt is definitely not an option. I know it's a process and I knew going in, that it would be incomplete until the second surgery. But that doesn't stop me from being impatient and slightly disappointed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment