Monday, February 8, 2016

Surgery Round 2

I scheduled my second surgery a few weeks ago. The office visit version for less than half the price. It's March 2. I was going to have my roommate/coworker drive me to Boulder and back that day, but as chance would have it, work has a mandatory all-staff meeting that day. I am excused, as I scheduled before this was announced, but roommate is not, so I think I convinced a friend to take that afternoon off to act as chauffeur.

I should be feeling more about this. The money is minimal, comparatively, so that's not even a blip this time. I won't be under general anesthesia, so I won't have much to recover from on the day of. I will be out of work for about a week and a half, and the minimal activity will likely upset me. But supposedly it will heal a bit faster this time around. And it will be me. My final form if you will. Ignoring my pectus excavatum, I'll finally have a truly flat chest. I'll feel comfortable in tighter shirts or even without one (if I can get my waistline to cooperate).

Since I made the appointment, I've been making it a point to work out my chest so there is decent definition. Also for the month of February, I've quit sugar and alcohol cold turkey. Not specifically for surgery, but it won't hurt. And not drinking is super easy, even when people around me drink. The sugar thing is super hard though. I allow myself lots of fruit and some honey in things to keep me stable.

Anyhow, I guess things on this blog will be heating up again in less than a month's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment