Monday, July 28, 2014

I've come to the point in my transition that it's very much in the background. I still inject testosterone every two weeks and wear a binder and packer, but I don't think about being trans all that often. And neither do those around me, I believe. I've come to the point where I'm stealth to new people. Only if I tell them, or add them on facebook (and they read the about me section) will anyone know.

I still help a few guys who are just starting transition, online and in person. I give some occasional advice based on my own experiences. And I dream of (and save up for) chest surgery.

But every now and then I am reminded that I have not always been this way. This comfortable in who I am. This right. This me. And today I was reminded again. My aunt on facebook made a comment about a photo of me. I don't know if she was playing dumb or is really just out of the loop. I don't know if my parents have discussed my transition with anyone in the extended family. I know I haven't. But whether or not she knew my circumstances, my aunt made me feel very odd. I haven't seen her in probably 15 years. And honestly not a whole lot about me has changed since then. Just the beard. I don't remember when she found me on facebook, but my transition is clearly documented there. I would rather people not play dumb. If you're concerned for me, fine. Send me a message. Likewise if you're confused and curious.

I realize much of this is on me for not restricting my facebook, or for allowing her as a friend at all. And I am obviously not stealth or it would bug me even more. And it would be even more my fault for not restricting things.

Anyhow, a bit of a rant about transness. I told my aunt to message me if she wanted to talk further.


No comments:

Post a Comment